The Website/Services/products records the information you provide when you register for the Website or Services or products. When you register with us, you generally provide your name, age, email address, phone number, password and your ward’s educational interests; transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; information you provide us when you contact us for help; information you enter into its system when using the Website/Services/products, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests.
The said information collected from the users could be categorized as “Personal Information“, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information”. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules”)) shall collectively be referred to as “Information” in this Policy.
FirstInClass may use this Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the Services, important information, required notices and marketing promotions. FirstInClass will request for more information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you.
FirstInClass will not differentiate between who is using the device to access the Website or Services or products, so long as the log in/access credentials match with yours. In order to make the best use of the Website/Services/products and enable your Information to be captured accurately on the Website/Services/products, it is essential that you have logged in using your own credentials.
FirstInClass will, at all times, provide the option to you, not to provide the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, which it seeks from you. Further, you can, at any time while using the Services/products, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to it, to use such Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Withdrawal of the consent by you is required to be sent in writing to us at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In any such event, FirstInClass or the Company fully reserves the right to withdraw further usage of the Website or provide any further Services/products thereunder to you.
COPPA Direct Notice To Parents
Before we can provide your child with access to the website, an online learning platform for kids, we need your consent. Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), parental consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information or personal data (hereinafter referred to as ‘Personal Data) from children under the age of 13 located in the United States. FirstInClass will not collect, use, or disclose any personal data from your child unless you provide your consent.
Subject to your consent, in order to allow your child to use FirstInClass’s Site and Services, we would like to collect, use and disclose your child’s Personal Data as set forth below.
You, as the parent/guardian, are the primary account holder. This means that:
- You are the person primarily responsible for ordering services and paying any fees or other charges made to FirstInClass;
- You are responsible for deciding whether to share your child’s content with third parties;
- You are responsible for the active monitoring of your child’s content. Children who are under the age of 13 are expressly prohibited from including any personally identifiable information in any content that they post to our website unless or until their parents or legal guardians give permission. You agree that you will only allow your child to include any personally identifiable information in their content with your consent.
Personal Data We Collect.
- When we receive consent from you, we may collect additional personal data about your child or you from you, at that time;
- Your child may choose to provide Personal Data about themselves in the content they post on our website. However, as outlined above, FirstInClass requires that you first consent to our collection and use of this Personal Data;
- Personal Data collected if your child contacts us: If your child contacts us by email, through any integrated chat providers we may provide, or by telephone, SMS, or physical mail, we may collect your child’s name, username, email address, phone number, physical address, and the contents of that communication which can include any other Personal Data that your child chooses to provide. We will only use that Personal Data for the purpose of providing the service or support requested;
- Log Data: FirstInClass’s website collects certain personal data automatically and stores it in log files. This may include personal data about the devices your child uses to access our Service (including your child’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and operating system); your child’s interactions with our Service (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during his or her visits); and usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Service). We use this information to help us design and administer our website, improve our Service, and gather broad demographic information that helps us identify visitor preferences;
- Child Activity Data: We also collect certain information about the child’s activity on FirstInClass For instance, we collect information about when a child is working on a project and quizzes to help our instructors monitor how a child is progressing to help improve our Service;
- Cookies: We collect some of the Personal Data above using cookies and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser;
- We do not condition a child’s participation in an activity on the disclosure of more personal data than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
How We Use Personal Data.
We may use the personal data that we collect from a child to:
- Contact you to obtain your consent and to allow you to activate an account on one or more of our websites;
- Determine whether your child is able to post content on one or more of our websites;
- Provide our Services, including administering our classes, features, and activities;
- Deliver a high-quality and customized learning experience;
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
- To publicize, post, and display the projects and/or apps created by your child so on our website or related pages or any other social media platforms along with your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties.
- Companies under common control: We may share personal data between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with FirstInClass;
- Vendors and service providers: We may share personal data with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing cloud-hosting or cloud-storage services;
- Business transfers: We may share personal data with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider;
- Legal requirements: We may share personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share personal data when we believe it is necessary to protect FirstInClass’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability;
- FirstInClass‘s Tutor and Academic Managers: In the course of providing our Service, we also share personal data about students with our tutors and academic managers to enable them to communicate with students and to assist instructors in understanding each student’s individual needs and capabilities. During live video sessions, instructors have access to the child’s face and voice along with any personal information shared by the student during the video session;
- Social Media Platforms: Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow students to share information from their FirstInClass account with third-party social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Using these social sharing features is optional;
- Public Forums and Publicly Available Content: We offer several features that allow our students to connect and share content in public or semi-public spaces. Students do not have to use these features, but if they do, they should be sure to use good judgment. Certain information in students’ profiles such as their name and photo, the projects they choose to share, and any other information they disclose in the public or semi-public areas of FirstInClass’s Service, may be read, collected, stored, or used by others. Parents should be aware that some of these third-party services are not intended for use by children under 13. Students under 13 should use such services only with the participation of an adult.
The third parties to whom we disclose personal data agree to protect the security and confidentiality of your child’s personal data.
Changes to Our Practices:
If we change the way we collect, use, or disclose your child’s personal data, we will send you an updated Direct Notice and request new consent.
Parental Choices and Controls:
At any time, you have the right to:
- Review your child’s Personal Data;
- Direct us to delete your child’s Personal Data;
- Refuse to permit FirstInClass to collect further Personal Data from your child online and request that we delete the Personal Data that we have already collected from your child; and
- Agree to the collection and use of your child’s Personal Data, but choose not to allow disclosure to independent third parties.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that to protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify a parent or legal guardian’s identity before granting access or otherwise discussing any of the child’s Personal Data.
As noted above, we need your consent before we permit your child to use the FirstInClass website at home. You may provide your consent in one of two ways:
- At the time of booking your demo class with FirstInClass.
- At the time of becoming a paid customer and making a payment.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.